Monday, March 14, 2016

Ex-NCR Reunion

Last Friday, me and my ex-colleagues from NCR decided to meet up at Alexis, The Gardens.

I was so glad to meet up with mostly my juniors, my boss, my peers. It was kind of surprise because we did it in such a way, that I assign 2 other friends to gather a few others. Except for the 3-4 of us, the rest do not know the full attendance list. It was meant as a surprise especially to my boss or should I say my ex-boss. We called him Datuk. He is my longest serving boss and have my utmost respect. If there is anything that I want to learn from him , is his EQ.

One for the album....


All in all we have 6 ladies and 6 men. Of course one who didn't confirm and turn up much to our pleasant surprise. Two others couldn't make it due to last minute work commitment.

My own batch is not here. Hopefully one of these days, I will be able to gather them. Now all these started because not too long ago, my ex-boss ( Datuk ) invited us to his daughter's wedding. There we met many of our ex-colleagues which we have not seen for ages from different departments. The excitement was so great and the lost years seem to just melt away. That is when I decided I need to do one with my own 'gang'. Many however have left for greener pastures overseas. The rest that are still here are all doing well, married with kids. One of the ex-colleague that I met at a wedding, passed on a month later. This was totally unexpected and the few of decided its time we make an effort and meet the rest.

Those last 2 'late' attendees were made to name each and everyone of us else they can't sit down.  For me I have not seen some of them for almost 16 years. I couldn't recognise at least 2 of them. Most of the ladies have maintained well but the men has grown prosperous and balding too.
 
We sat around a long rectangular table and one of them suggested that rather than we just speak to the few nearby, we make it like an orientation style. We we round to each and everyone to update us on what happened after they left NCR. That was a fabulous idea. It's almost like first day at school. We had so much laughter.

The food was good but pricey. We had pizzas, pasta, salads and a surprise 'piece' of birthday cake for one of them who had just turn 43 2 days ago.

The evening passed by so fast. We certainly didn't have enough. Well, the next time we meet, it will be high tea.





4 comments:

  1. It must have been a very good working environment! Normally work relationships don't last very long after you leave that workplace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I always tell people that it is a good company. Besides good perks, the people are warm, friendly and partly because I was a small fry and don't play politics.

      Delete
  2. Are you the one taking the photo? So sporting of all of them to take time out from their busy schedule to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took all the other photos except the one here. Taken by the waitress. I was actually surprised when the people we called agreed to come. When my other friend suggested MidValley, I went " Aiyoh, Friday night, very jam lah".
      On that evening itself, I was expecting some to 'fong fei kei' but they all turned up in great anticipation.

      Delete