Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Consumer Rights

Can't think of a proper title for this post.

Yesterday, I went to SOGO to get a new pair of slippers. Mine was almost broken into half!!! I frequent this place because of the Vouchers that I get from mainly Maybank points.

While I used to be able to find stuffs that I want here i.e clothings , footwear etc, nowadays I find it more difficult to get clothes. Footwear is still ok.

Anyway, I went to the counter and there was an elderly couple in front of me. They bought some clothes and shoes. After paying, she asked the cashier to remove the shoe boxes because she doesn't want them. Oooohhh....I didn't know we can do that. I have too many shoe boxes at home , will keep them till no more space, then recycle. Next time, I should just leave them behind like the lady.

My friend always say I don't know my consumer rights. She is right....almost like katak dibawah tempurung.  Sometimes when I go marketing, I find myself so amazed at the different customer demands. I didn't know one can asked the chicken seller to debone the thigh until I read it from someone's blog.

I also didn't know, when you order food for example oyster and abalone egg, you can asked to mix because I see the menu shows them separately. I know you can request for mix of noodles though.

Lots of things which I've forgotten now.  Sooo....sua ku of me! But I am learning...to open my mouth and ask.

10 comments:

  1. if it is not too much to ask then should be ok..some would ask for extra charge, one shop here imposes extra charge of RM1.00 if order mix fried and boiled dumplings..:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's just that previously I always accept at face value.

      Delete
  2. If you're content with what you get, no problem what. :p But yeah, sometimes you need to know the services which are considered 'standard'. Like some fish sellers would make the fish flesh into fish paste/ball FOC if you buy that kind of fish - not all offer that service though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes they will layan our request, sometimes not but it never hurts to ask. :) Some will fulfill our requests at an additional cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup...usually i ask themto remove the shoe box and if it is handbag i would ask them to remove the "stuffings "(the crumpled papers).

    Psss psss...even if buy durian from roadside, can ask them to open the durian and put into our own containers.

    Anything just buat muka tebal and ask lo. The wirse thing they can do is say "no" only mah. Kihkihkihkih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know what to do the next time I get durians.

      Delete
    2. But eat durian from durian shell also syiok what. :p

      Delete
    3. I like my durians cold so less work for me if seller helps put it into my container straight.

      Delete