Sunday, January 22, 2017

RM1 Nasi Lemak

Went to the morning market in Sri Petaling and saw a bee line at this small stall along the shop's corridor. Out of curiosity I went over to join the crowd.


Ooohhh....nasi lemak.  Looks like pandan rice with a generous amount of ikan bilis sambal and a small piece of fried egg. I asked the lady in front how much is the rice. She told me " Only RM1, where to find nasi lemak for this price ".
So I join the bandwagon and bought 2 packets because one is definitely not enough. Everyone in front bought at least 5 packets. The sambal is both salty and sweet and not too spicy. Just that the rice is a little cold by the time I ate it at home.  I will probably heat it up the next time.

Nasi Lemak RM1......anyone?

9 comments:

  1. Good value for money! I can get RM 1 nasi lemak bungkus at my housing area too, but the sambal is much less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me! Haha. I have a soft spot for nasi lemak bungkus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some nasi lemak bungkus although just basic with egg and sambal can be quite delicious.

      Delete
  3. that's must be charity sales. I would buy 5 too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I know how it taste like, can get more the next time.

      Delete
  4. For just RM1, that is a lot of sambal for that nasi lemak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree...I was worried it would be too much and thus too salty or spicy. But I wallop everything as the sambal has lots of onions.

      Delete
  5. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy CNY to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete