Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Recalculating......



I am really hopeless when it comes to road directions. It doesn't matter whether I use, garmin, waze or move , I am bound to get lost for a while before arriving.

Therefore I always leave early if I need to go to a new place. For the 5 new places that I go, I might be successful first time for 2, the other 3 I would be doing u-turn and recalculating several times. Sometimes I get it right the first time but wrong the second time.

Some of my friends are just so good with their gps. Never fear and just agree on an unfamiliar location even at night and still get it right. I guess some people just have some inborn talent with directions.

As I always have my driver, I am not very observant towards my surrounding. Now that I have to make trips in the morning, so no driver aka hubby around.  At least , I can celebrate my little achievements on arriving my destination in the end.

Prior to this I only know how to go to office, kids school , some nearby shopping haunts and boy's chiro centre  using the same road day in day out. Now at least I travel a little further from my comfort zone.

What about you? Do you have problems following gps?




4 comments:

  1. See luck la. I generally have no problems with the first 90% of the journey. The last 10% high risk of getting lost one haha.

    Like you, I also feel I can venture out of my normal area with GPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to think of it, you are right. It's always the last part of the journey that I screwed up!

      Delete
  2. I don't drive nowadays but during the days when I did, I will look up the route before hand because those days, no GPS yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those no gps days, I remember memorising my route before the actual day. And if there is a roadblock/ road works/diversion...habislah myself!!!

      Delete