Friday, January 15, 2016

Many Kinds Of People

We all know there are many kinds of people but not many of us have met the "varieties" that is in the marketplace.

Last week I went to my weekly Pasar Malam to order some noodles. I am a lazy bum. I used to order 'mee kosong' from there, then come home and add all the 'liao' and in a short time produce a reasonable tasty noodle with little effort.

So while waiting for the 'auntie' to serve me, there was another customer ( male ) , ordering a packet of  'lor mai fun'. The auntie then scooped some sambal, close the polystyrene and said " sei kao " ( RM 4). The customer then repeated in an shocked tone
" hah! sei kao", and walked off.

This auntie then complained to another auntie also manning the stall. The other auntie said, "Aiyah...you haven't met other worst customers. There was once a customer who order 'mixed rice'. After selecting all the dishes and told of the amount, the customer left!"

Wah, liddat also can!

Many years ago, when I still have my maid, I opened a blogshop making jewelry for fun.
I get one customer asking me whether I have a particular chain? I showed her and she said 'Great'. Now do you have this other smaller chain? I showed her the sample again, and she 'great'. Then she asked if I can twirl the small chain over the bigger one. I did that and showed her again. She said " That's it". This was over several emails. Then finally she said " Sorry, my friend changed her mind!". Gosh....yes we do get all kinds of people out there.

Have you also met people who do things by halves? I know of one that will cut her nails on one hand first, and the other hand, another day. She is also someone who will wash her car one side first and  the other another day! So funny.

4 comments:

  1. Yea there are all sorts of people in this world.

    Usually i will check the price first before i ask to tapau anything. For self protection also la coz some seller sell very expensive leh

    That's bad about your potential customer. Ask so many things then say no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this is the real world. My case is not as bad as those that sells food. I can still sell to others. Just a little time wasted...but the thing is , I wonder sometimes if they are just playing me out.

      Delete
  2. Guess they thought it's ok to walk off since didn't take the goods. The 'loh mai fun' at least can still sell to someone else.

    Online shopping like that la. I'm on both sides. Sometimes try to sell something and get people asking lots of questions. Sometimes wanna buy something and need to ask lots of questions. What to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough being a 'seller'. It's ok to ask questions before buying...but in my case I was prototyping for my customer. Anyway, this is the real world.

      Delete