Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Lucky In An Unlucky Situation

That was what my friend commented when I told her this story. It happened last year. I always wanted to jot it down because this person is so remarkable, she made a deep impression on me.

That day, I went for my boy's PTM - Parent's Teacher's Meeting. After finishing , we rode home. It was less than 3 km drive. As I was another 1 km to my house, suddenly the car in front is 'stationary'. Gosh...I try as hard as possible to brake like orang gila. I braked till there is no room to press but 'BOOM', I hit the bumper of the nicely maintained Honda City.

This is the first time in my 20 years of driving that I hit someone's back. I felt so bad. Just a few weeks ago, I sent my car brake for repair. Korean...car ...please don't buy. Very nice design...after 7 years, things will start breaking down.

Her poor bumper kemek and the boot cannot closed. When she opened her boot, there were 2 neatly arranged boxes there. So clean somemore.

I apologise profusely. I know money to repair is one thing, but the inconvenience of sending it to repair is another. If my brake has been 'working as it should be', I would have "braked" in time.

I came out of the car, all prepared to be scolded. So frightened and guilty! But this lady, she is like an angel. She looked at her car, checked the damages, listen to my stupid brake story , kept calm throughout without raising her voice at all! I told her I will transfer the money to pay for the damages, so she said she will call her 'foremen' . They spoke a while and she said, the damages would cost RM700. She just mentioned that she would need time to send her car for repair. Told her to give me her account and I transfered the money first thing when I reached home.

What kind of human is that? That can keep her cool  and calm in a stressful situation. I want to learn but I know I cannot. I would go balistic thinking of all the 'trouble' I need to go through.

So...that's why my friend said ' Lucky in a unlucky situation'.

Shortly after that , I sold off my car!!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Lucky for her also... at least YOU didn't scold her for stopping in the middle of the road? And straightaway offered to pay? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the wrong...I think the traffic slowed down, probably not focus cos was talking to my boy.Don't know why there was no brake lights on her car else I would have stopped earlier. But my car brake was not that efficient despite repairing several times.

      Delete
    2. Eh her fault la got no brake lights. Haha. Anyway never mind, as long as incident over already.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for dropping by my blog. I agree that you were lucky in an unlucky situation. That lady sure is very cool about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by too. Really appreciate all those food blogs esp. on Sri Petaling cos there is where I stay and we suck at looking for good eateries.

      Delete
  3. Aiyo...lucky you brek in time.

    I would panic like mad if it happend to me. Your friend say is true. Licky in an unlucky situation.

    ReplyDelete