Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tortoise Crossing The Road





The other day, while on the way to fetch my son from school, I saw a tortoise crossing the road. I was a little panicky and was worried that I might hit it. It's a 2 lane one way road. It was moving from the 2nd lane to my lane. Luckily it was slow enough for me to pass through first.
Image result for tortoise crossing the road

The tortoise was the size of a 'young adult' perhaps. Not sure why it is crossing the road. It's only the LRT station over the other side.
I was rather amused because this is the first time I've encountered a tortoise on my pathway. So being 'eat full nothing to do', I googled to find out if it holds any significant meaning. Of course, I don't believe in myths and superstitions, just out of curiousity.

One version from here said :

If Turtle has crossed your path:

He is usually giving you the message that “slow and steady wins the race” Pay attention to details in your current project and take your time with it. Don’t be tempted to skip steps or take short cuts. You will get there! Just trust in the process and stay in the moment. Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.
Turtle can also be a signal that you need to ground yourself and your energy to Earth.

But it was 'turtle' not 'tortoise'. Anyway, doesn't seem to relate to me in any way.

However, my secondary Maths Teacher used to tell us " Slow And Steady Masuk Longkang!"

Hmmm.....any of you encouter any creatures crosssing your pathway? Snake, Cats, Iguanas, Chicken...these I've seen.





8 comments:

  1. Err I really can't tell the difference between a turtle and a tortoise if I see one.

    Haha bet it was slow all right. (Obviously it wanted to take the LRT go somewhere lah)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turtle is huge, tortoise is smaller, less prominent shell design.

      Delete
  2. Only cats or dogs cross my path. I wonder where did the turtle come from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha..I've seen iguana and snakes crossing my path before. There is a huge drain behind the LRT station but this turtle came from opposite direction.

      Delete
    2. I'd rather let ducklings cross

      Delete
  3. wakakakaka slow and steady masuk longkang..... betul jugak if main bowling or when doing exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. modern days have new sayings... Biar cepat asal selamat

      Delete
    2. Oh really...so I am outdated cos I only know 'Biar lambat, asalkan selamat'.

      Delete