Sunday, October 23, 2016

Farewell

I hate farewells but I guess it is something inevitable in our lives. It's sad to see a friend leave either for another state, country or world.

Last Friday, I went for my home fellowship's ex-leader's wife farewell as she will join her hubby who is called to fulltime ministry in Australia. Although I don't know her that well because I joined the home fellowship when it has already been established for years. When I knew her , this sister went through a very difficult time of cancer battle of her son. There were ups and downs and finally the Lord called him home. But her amazing composure throughout all these speaks volumes of her faith.

So we went to Restaurant Talipon at Kuchai Lama. I passed this steamboat bbq buffet place many times but dare not go in because it's buffet and my kids don't eat seafood much so 'rugilah'. However when I went there I was surprised to see a huge spread of 'items' there for only RM33.80 minus gst. I understand that the price increases almost yearly. Just a glimpse of what they have. There were lots more and I think I will bring the kids the next time although for the younger one, it will not be worth it as he is soooo...picky.


After we walloped everything , each of us have to say something to our sister in christ. Not too long ago, I went for my cousin's 70th birthday ( ya my cousins and us are a huge gap because my dad is the youngest in a family of 9. So some of their kids are as old as me!) . Many took the opportunity to tell about their appreciation for the birthday girl and how she has impacted their lives. I think this is much more meaningful than saying all the good things during funeral when one could not longer hear.

Finally , one for the album.  All the best sister Amy ( 2nd from left, sitting)
As for the dinner, I truly enjoyed it. Ate so much......


7 comments:

  1. Sister Amy is a strong woman. I feel for parents who have to say good bye to their children rather than the other way round but trust the Good Lord that he is in a better place now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. They even sold their house to finance the chemo treatment but because her son never blamed God, his faith spurred her on.

      Delete
  2. The place still looks the same as the last time i went....that was like 20 yrs ago. LOL

    Those time we can eat a lot but now...hmmm....

    are they still using plastic fork and spoon? That was what deterred us from returning last time. Too fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, now they have metal fork and spoons. There is still disposable chopsticks and plastic teaspoon if one wants to use. I can't eat a lot at one go but my metabolisma rate is very high...sit there for a while can eat again!!!

      Delete
  3. Speaking of albums.
    I've got all 3 on my review list

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be very uncomfortable if people were to say good things about me... might cry too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...if one has left a legacy behind, he/she should really hear all the good words to let them know their effort was never in vain rather than when they no longer can hear lor.

      Delete