Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Sunflower Seeds aka kuaci


I love munching on kuaci(s) during my free time which is not much so usually I'll munch when watching tv. My love for kuaci(s) go way back to schooldays.

Image result for sunflower seeds

It has been a long time before I started munching again...partly kids are quite grown up and I usually rest a little in the night after dinner.  However I found that each time after eating kuaci(s), I either have ulcers or can feel a sore-throat coming. God knows what chemical they used to clean the seeds during manufacturing process.

Sunflower seeds has 5 health benefits and I used that as an excuse to continue munching although I know the end result if I do. I really have low threshold when it comes to eating. I just succumbed to temptation all the time!!!

So what are the benefits? Briefly...

1. Promotes Cardiovascular Health - vitamin E and folate

2. Phytosterols Promote Healthy Cholesterol Levels

3. Potent Source of Magnesium. Magnesium deficiency can lead to a variety of heath problems that affect the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems. The muscles and skeletal system also require magnesium for proper function.

4. Supports a Healthy Mood

5. Contains Selenium: A Powerful Antioxidant and Great for Thyroid Health

And how do I counter-act the after effects of munching kuaci's? With a packet of Izumio lor !!!!
Image result for image of Izumio

It really works to keep the ulcers and sore-throat away. 

 What about you? Do you like munching on kuaci(s)? Do you get ulcers or sore-throat like me after eating. I don't experience this previously. Either my immune has gone down or they really use harsh chemical in cleaning. By the way, I get those kuaci(s) from pasar malam and I prefer this version of kuaci(s) compared to others!!!


 

 


4 comments:

  1. I for one don't have patience to open the shells just to get a little bit of nut! Well that plus I don't like the nut all the much anyway.

    Nuts are heaty I guess. Your Izumio should be the counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no problems with peanuts so I don't think it is a heaty issue but rather of the skin of the kuaci.

      My hubby was asking me to buy a tool to help opened the kuaci skin, but the fun of it is using the teeth to open and eat them! ha! ha!

      Delete
  2. How about buying those sunflower seeds without shells?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole fun thing is to use my teeth to open the shell and eat the seed. Eating the 'shelles' takes the fun out of it!

      Delete