Sunday, April 24, 2016

My maiden bonsai

I never really planted anything although I like looking at plants and flowers especially succulents.
That's because I am so scared or earthworms or anything that look like worms...eee...so geli. I remembered when I was doing my Bio practical exams in Form 6, I asked the invigilator to put the earthworms into the testube because there is no way I was going to do it!!! And bless the invigilator, he actually did it for me!

So you can see, I have no knowledge about taking care of plants except watering them. My mum however has green fingers. When I go back to my hometown, we usually get to eat the vegetables from her garden.

One day, I was doing my grocery in AEON Big and I saw this bonsai and my itchy hands decided to get it.
After one month, my plant grew. I was so happy.


 Hopefully the plant doesn't grow any bigger. I don't want to transfer to bigger pot..I might just killed it. Not sure if I need to do anything else e.g add fertiliser? Plant experts? I only know how to water!!!

Last weekend we went to watch "Kid From The Red Apple" at Tropicana City because we heard so much good reviews about it.  When we heard good reviews about Ola Bola, we went for it too. I have to say while Ola Bola exceeded our expectations, this one is just 'normal' to us. Yes, it teaches good values but we do get lots of those from Singapore drama series. Anyway, credit must be given to the little girl, Sarah. She embraced her role very well.

After the movie I chanced upon a small stall selling cute little plants. So my little boy decided to get me one for my early birthday. I think this is the first time he gave me something out of his own pocket and while I pity him forking out his hard earned cash, decided to choose a small plant although he asked me to get a bigger one.

 


Top View

Top View. Apparently this plant absorbs 'radiation'. I don't know its name. It cost RM33. It looks big here but it is actually quite small. Hopefully it survives for sometime.





7 comments:

  1. We decided not to watch Ola Bola because the facts have been twisted, most of us know our state football heros & the truth, it is very unfair to them.

    Yours plants look very healthy, probably you have got the green fingers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for a little while longer ...to see if my bonsai can survive before concluding that I have green fingers.

      Delete
  2. Gosh maybe you should go for plastic plants haha. The bonsai should slow down in growth if you don't fertilise or move it to a bigger pot. Should be quite easy to maintain. If you pity it for not having enough nutrients, maybe can give it some water from washing rice.

    The other plant isn't so easy to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If plastic plants can look really real , I may consider! Actually I have no space to put plants in my little pigeon hole (condo), these are suppose to be indoor. Thanks for the rice water tips, that I can do.

      Delete
  3. The RM33 plant can be grown much bigger. Just plant it in soil in your garden. The bonsai, you will need to prune it often to keep it small and nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No garden lah , mun! The lady who sold me the plant said, the plant will grow very very slowly and if the plant dies, I can bring it back, she will replant and just charge me the plant. I must pay a visit to their facebook 'littlegreensperes'.

      As for the bonsai, thanks for the advice. I did think it has gone out of shape.

      Delete
  4. nice wor the bonsai...haiz...i have no luck with bonsai. always end up killing them

    ReplyDelete