Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bersih 4.0 - Should Or Should Not Go?

Someone wrote this I think after the last General Election. Thought it was well worth sharing...

Today, Malaysia woke up and many hearts were broken.
We mourn our nation not because we lost, but because we were cheated.
We lost not to a better party, but we lost to injustice.
We lost not to a better system, but we lost to the lack of integrity.
We lost not to a better count, but we lost to the failure in upholding civil rights.
We lost not to a better leader, but we lost to corruption.
We lost not to a better policy, but we lost to deceit.

But we will, and must not, lose heart.
We may feel sad, but we must not give way to despair.
We may feel angry, but we must not lose our righteous ways.
We may feel cheated, but we must fight on.
We may feel like leaving, but we must stay together.
We may feel like giving up, but we must now let the dream carry us.
We may feel like nothing will change, but we must now become that change.
We will rally.
We will fight on.
We will not give up.
We will become a Better Malaysia.

Well, if you are still not moved to join , how about this
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/what-you-think/article/my-journey-to-bersih-4.0cr-lee

Or this..... .taken from Rajiv Visyakaran's facebook page. I have the exact same sentiments.

Someone asked me, "Are you not afraid of rioting that will be incited by anti-Bersih components? Are you not afraid of being arrested? Are you not afraid of being beaten or killed?"
My answer is "Of course."
But for how long?
For another generation?
Until our children? until our children's children?
The faster we come out of this fear the faster this tyranny will end.
I am going to Bersih 4 not because I am not afraid. It is because I am afraid.
I am afraid if we don't do anything about it, the casualty will be visited on our next generation.
I am afraid if we don't go we will become a bankrupt nation.
I am afraid if we do not go we will no longer become a democratic nation.
I am afraid if we do not go I cannot live with my conscience.
I am afraid if we do not go we cannot longer hold our head high and say we are citizens of this nation.
I am but one. You are but many. Will you walk beside me?
‪#‎bersih4‬

Finally  "Bersih 4 has only 4 demands:
1) fair election
2) clean government
3) saving Malaysia's economy &
4) right to dissent.


No comments:

Post a Comment