Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sapu cobwebs....and teenage acne

It is so hard for me to sit down and write after a long hiatus. So many things have come and gone.

Was struggling with my boy's acne that looks like mushroom that springs up after a rainy day. Tried several facewash recommended by friends. Didn't work, went thru more breakouts or purging as some would said it.

It started with small pimples that just spreaded over the whole face. I attributed his skin problem to his late nights...very late nights because he naps in the afternoon and became very active in the night!!! Coupled with his appetite for spicy food....eer...this one takes after me. Don't say about him, even I can't control my food intake when I was young and plagued with acne too. Ooops...its my fault..bad genes.

Finally, decided to send him to a Chinese Sinseh in Happy Garden.  Her diagnosis is that my boy's body is very heaty. She speaks mandarin so with my half-past-six mandarin with an equally hopeless chinese ed son..I probably can't get fully what she meant.

So I have to boil some most horriblelooking herbs and tasting herbs in which he cursed like mad while drinking. After a few rounds, the curses died.




Can you see those " kumbangs". I didn't dare to show him.

Other than that , I too have  to get him to abstain from chicken, soya milk, oily food, spicy food, lamb, nasi lemak in which a huge chunk are his favourites. Not forgetting, drink lots of water.

In the beginning it was soooo.....hard. I don't know what to cook, what to buy , how to cook. Luckily, can eat pork and japanese food. Meals became very expensive too.. japanese food wor.

It was amazing that we were so 'guai' and followed through for 5 weeks now without breaking the rules intentionally. I said intentionally because the other day he ate chicken spagetti. He sure does it better than me when I was younger. I couldn't resist asam laksa despite ruining my face!

He is now very much better but has lots of pimple marks to deal with.  And also to find a suitable cleanser because I find that even as his pimples are clearing up, he is getting those small headless pimples with bumps that you could only see under light.

The sinseh recommended the crocodile oil soap...all natural and handmade. I tested the soap myself, it is not drying like other soap or facial wash but it doesn't foam ( which is  a good thing...soap free) but I don't feel like my face is cleansed properly. Anyway, it seems ok so far, didn't have breakouts.



I think we will persevere up to 2 months or less...we're going into our 6th weeks before letting him try some of the forbidden food bit by bit.

His sinseh also recommended him to go for facial to speed up recovery but I have no confidence in any beautician that I have not heard of. So many has testified how they ended worst after facial.

Sigh....as if life is not stressful enough. I look around each time we go out, everyone seems to have flawless  skin and we have to struggle so much!!!





7 comments:

  1. The sinseh medicine seems to work wonders or is it because of the changed diet? Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It think both have to go together. Still, finding a right cleanser is equally important because now that the internal is somewhat taken care of, one side of his face is still breaking out, while the other side is much better.

      Delete
  2. Same here same here...hard to start engine after cool down so long.

    Hmm...Jourdeness in kuchai is quite good on facial. When my face hv pimple(but not as bad as teenagers ones), after gng facial there, the oinples will clear uo in a day or two. only thing i didnt like is that they kuat marketing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still struggling with whether to send him or not because the right cheek is still breaking out.

      Delete
    2. Me too...most scared of 'kuat marketing' pushy pushy kind!

      Delete
  3. Oo looks like you're struggling together with your son. Pimples sound trivial but can be such a huge problem.

    Eh why la the Chinese ed son so hopeless at listening to the sinseh? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some flawless skin is the norm , for others pimples are a nightmare.

      He didn't like Chinese although he is not that 'char' but he refused to speak and eventually after Std 6, bit by bit he forgot lots of words. I think he didn't have a good experience with the 'garang' teachers but I didn't realised it was affecting him that much. Now in SMK...very happy.

      Delete