Thursday, July 23, 2015

Teeth Grinding


Teeth Grinding in kids, bruxism
image source : http://grandslamsmiles.com/blog/teeth-grinding-in-children/

If you have been following this blog, you would know that my older kid has lots of health problems....big and small.

One of the nagging issue that would occassionally stress me up is his tooth grinding also known as bruxism. Almost every night , the sound from his teeth gnashing at each other for a few minutes can be really alarming. For kids, this is a normal but for a teenager who is 15 by now, this can be quite worrying.

The dentist couldn't do anything besides suggesting mouth guard when he is older and also to keep stress at bay. Eh howlah to keep stress at bay? He grinds his teeth whether stressful or not.

Sometimes I forget about his problem because he no longers sleeps in the same room as us. But whenever we go back to our hometown, we put up in a big room in my parents' home. Then I would be reminded of his teeth grinding problem.

But recently I realised when I go to his room early in the morning to off his air-cond ( because I am a cheapscate) , I don't hear him grinding teeth anymore.  Just last week when we 'balik kampong' , for the 1st night, I realised he didn't grind his teeth at all. How do I know? I am a light sleeper.

The next night I heard him grind like 3 times....it goes 'krak, krak, krak'. Then it stopped. Previously it would have been something like this "krak krak krak krak.." repeated multiple times so much so that I have to wake him up to stop him from grinding. I was advised my by dentist friend to change his sleeping position but that didn't helped. I strongly believed he is beginning to outgrow this problem. PTL.

At the same time, I am also wondering  whether the Izumio and Super Lutein is responsible. It can't be so many "coindences" ever since he started this product.  Still I just want to thank the Lord....too many issues here and there and I am ever so grateful to be able to strike off one item of my worry list!

Nowadays, it is hard to catch him grinding his teeth. Those days it was hard to catch him NOT grinding his teeth.





No comments:

Post a Comment