Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Bread Story

Last night was our ( me and hubby) duty to collect bread from a bakery in Taman Danau Desa to be delivered to the Myammar Kids in Cheras. Thank God for generous businessman who week after week provided us with free bread in abundance so that the kids can have bread the next morning.

We are asked to be there earlier than usual. The bread was passed to us earlier than usual which pleased me because sometimes we have to wait for half and hour for them to pack , sign and transport to our car ( this we do ourselves). However, when I look at the number of bags of bread we had last night....my heart dropped. Only 4 bags from the usual 7-8 bags. Maybe because it is due to the long Raya holidays so the bakery did not produce much.

Still , I am thankful there is bread for the children.....hopefully just enough for the 150 children hosted by a Church. Bless the pastors and workers there.

If we look around , there is so much we can do in a small way. There are so many needy people around us, even if we can just give them a moment of good memory to cherish, it may change their lives.

Ps 143 : 10
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.


No comments:

Post a Comment